Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hawaii July '10

Our biannual (is that how you say, 2x's a year?!) trip to Hawaii! I love this Tuttle tradition! Sadly, there will be only one more planned trip, and that will be this christmas. The house is going up fo sale, and we're all sad to see it go! So these trips are for sure going to be remembered! This time I didn't take as many photos as last time and I am SO disappointed!! The pictures we do have are due to Mark, and they are gorgeous!! Yay! This is the hawaiian sunset, so beautiful!
The days were spent sleeping in, changing straight into swimsuits, and heading to the beach. We would always have a different activity to do. Paddle boarding, snorkeling, boogie boarding, skim surfing, swimming in the perfect waves! I definently love the summer in Hawaii. Sunshine, calm waves, clear water. I loved sitting at the beach with the ladies, each had a book in our hands, and we'd watch our husbands play tackle football in the waves, we'd laugh with each other, go back to reading, all the while knowing that we were getting beautiful tans. Now, I have to talk about the waves. At Waimea Beach they were SO perfect, no curling at the top and crashing down, just powerful swells that would take you on a journey up the beach and then back into the ocean, everyone was in the water playing the same game with the waves, back and forth. It was perfect!! One day we went to Waimea Valley, it is so beautiful there. My first and only experience before with Waimea valley was with Heath, Kelly and fam. I had such fond memories I was excited to get back there! And it didn't disappoint, it was still just as beautiful! At the end of the valley there is a waterfall that you can play in
We all brought our swim suits and made great memories swimming into the waterfalls pocket and emerging like mermaids under the falls.
Such a variety of plants and flowers. Everything had an explanation stating why it was there and where it originated from.
It was a beautiful jungle and I really wanted to play Tarzan and Jane and swing from vine to vine!!

Another day we went to honolulu and went shopping at the flea market, and then later that night at the mall. We also went to a beach call Lanikai, it has white sand and warm waters. Most of us were bummed that it took 2 hours to get there but realized after a while that it was definently worth it! I really wished we had more photos, I'll just have to keep the memories near the surface so I can remember them often


Good bye paradise Hawaii, see you in December. Till then I'll be dreaming of you often

3 comments:

xantogal said...

Oh my word! I love the pictures you posted!! I'm glad you're having such a great time :) Love you!!

Anne Brown said...

fun fun!!! We have the exact same background right now! Haha! Good taste.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Jaleah, you lucky girl! This Hawaii trip looks as amazing as the rest :-) And those sunset pictures are to die for!!!